My quite cat is making really wierd noises all the time! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My quite cat is making really wierd noises all the time!

Hello everyone !
Vicky is a 1.5 year old cat , its the most quite fulffy cat in the world that never meows (maybe once a week) !!!
But suddenly since yesterday , she has been making really wierd noises the whole time , noises like grrrr with different pitches and tones without opening her mouth ( like its coming from the stomach ) .
She keeps walking around the house and making these sounds, and im getting really worried !!
She eats fine , she goes to the litter box fine , everything is ok .... its just the wierd sounds !!!
What could it be ? Pain ? Heat signs ?

P.S: She hasnt been spayed yet !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Banned

The sounds you describe I call "chirping". All three of my cats do it, and they all do it different. (So I can tell who's chirping from the next room ) Anyway, the reason your cat suddently became more vocal is probably that she's in heat. My Mellie was spayed before I got her, so I haven't experience that myself. Perhaps someone else here will post about that. They do become more vocal, but if there's a particular vocalization that's made while in heat, I don't know. What I read is descriptions more of a yowling-like sound. Anyway, I don't think I'd worry about it. (Unless you've got unneutered boy cats around ) Maybe she just decided she's got some things to get off her chest!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Banned

Now that I think of it, I don't believe the chirp would be a heat vocalization. It just seems to be a kind of exclamation: hey! what? look! oh, no! etc. Mellie didn't chirp at all the first two months I had her. Then she started getting more vocal for no apparent reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Now that i have observed Vicky all day , i realised the "chirping" is becoz she is in heat !!
Coz i saw her today flip on the floor a few times, i also called my doctor and he told me the same thing !
Thank god my other cat is a female , but she has been beating up the little cat since this has started (Maybe because she has been neutred and she is jealous )!
Its been getting really annoying though , and i cant stand it coz i feel sorry for the poor kitty, but hey atleast we can celebrate she is a grown up cat now

Cheers, and thanx for your reply !
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 05:22 PM

the only chirping noise lilly makes is when she's sitting in the window staring at the birds in the feeder. she's like entranced....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Premier Cat

Why isn't she spayed yet
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:48 PM

spay your cat

From everything I have read about spaying female cats, it seems you should do it regardless of whether she goes outside or is around unneutered cats. The reason being is that it is very uncomfortable for the cat. Also, cats come back into heat about every three weeks until they are bred.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Cool Cat

and it's always better to be safe than sorry in case she gets out of the house somehow!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page