Haven't Heard of This One Before - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Haven't Heard of This One Before

We got a lot o' cats and we've seen a lot o' things, but what happened last night I never would have believed if I hadn't seen it myself.

Domino (D'mo), our oldest female (spayed) was standing on one of our recliners. I was standing to one side of the chair, my wife was on the other side and we were talking (she was home visiting for weekend). I look over at D'mo and she is standing there, back arched, tail quivering, shooting a stream of pee as thick as a straw onto the back of the chair!!! She was NOT squatting like normal, she was standing there, looking for all the world like an un-neutered male spraying .....and right there in front of us, less than two feet away.

Has anyone heard of, or seen this happen with a spayed female? The litterbox was clean, I checked it. With my wife home, there has been additional noise/activity, but my wife has been home a few times before and we never had anything like this happen. D'mo has lived with my wife most of her life and my wife was her major caretaker while her leg was broken, so D'mo knows her well.

It also seems that she may have marked on a dog bed that is new to the house.

Any suggestions?

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 01:44 AM
Senior Cat

I have caught all 3 of mine doing this, but they haven't been spayed. (don't have the money cause Jason got laid off) (Jason also never got Ketesh fixed cause he didn't know it was so important) I have no idea why they do it either, and would like for some ideas behind it.

It's almost always on a chair or the couch whenthey do this, although I did catch one doing to the bathroom wall last week.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM

Oh Man........that just sucks!

Female cats can spray same as males....this is the first time
I have met anyone who had it happen though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 06:02 PM

I knew that female cats can and do spray but I've never actually witnessed one doing it. Yuck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page