Another pee question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Another pee question

My cat uses her litter box no problems. She peed in her bed the other day because she was shut in a room and I didn't know it. She was unable to get to her litter box. My questions is- How well do I need to clean her bed? I know that if cat's pee other than there litterbox then you should use a special cleaner. I just washed her bed in the washing machine, but do I need to do something else? Do you think she will smell the pee still and pee there again? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Banned

I would still use the urine cleaner to be on the safe side. If there's any urine residue still left after the washing, the enzymes in the cleaner will take care of it. Although, I should add, this was an accident due to no access to the litter box, and not likely a behavior issue, and cats don't like to do their business where they live, so maybe it's not a problem anyway. A long, run-on sentence, but I think you get the idea.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Senior Cat

Any time I clean something that is machine washable, I pre-spray the item with and enzymatic cleaner and then add a little to the washer load. It always seems to do the trick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 07:50 PM

If it was a cheap item...I would throw it out and go get a new one!

Dont take my advice to heart though....I am only frustrated with my pee'ing kitten....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
If it was a cheap item...I would throw it out and go get a new one!

Dont take my advice to heart though....I am only frustrated with my pee'ing kitten....
I was thinking that, but it was bed my gram made for my new kitty. I don't think I could throw it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page