please help .. new kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

please help .. new kitten

okay i have a question , this is my first time ever owning a kitten so i do not really know if this behavior is normal or not . well i just adopted a new kitten a few days ago she is about 8 weeks old . since i've gotten the kitten its just been laying around , not eating, she is really scared all the time and she shakes whenever someone holds her. i am worried about her. Is she acting like this because she is adapting to a new home or should i take her to a vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Has she not eaten anything for the period you've had her? That is serious. Combined with her other behaviour, I would reccomend taking her to a vet immediatley. Just a question though, where did you get your kitten? from a shelter? a friend? a breeder?

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:36 PM

well i finally got her to eat something today . but not very much and i got her from an ad i found in a newspaper .. an older man was giving away several kittens ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Cool Cat

Okay, so she may not be from a great background when it comes to people...you dont really know. She may take a while to warm up to you. But I still reccomend a vet visit, since it should be done within the first week of adopting any cat, and she doesn't seem to be doing well. A general checkup needs to be done, see if she has fleas, worms etc. Plus they need to look into they way she's been acting, and check out if it's medical. Generally if a cat lays around all the time not really eating, it's a bad sign. The vet will also be able to give you all kinds of info as a first time cat owner, if you ask them questions

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:48 PM

alright ... thank you so much for the help .. i am going to take her to the vet tomorow.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Cool Cat

Glad to hear I hope everything works out okay! And you can always come back to us anytime! I'm sure everyone would love to hear all the antics that your new kitten will get into!

<--Julia

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 11:04 PM

The age of the kitten, and the shaking, could be that the poor thing is cold. They need to be warm, especially at that age.

That's great that you'll take her in for a checkup. Let us know what the vet says. And pics, maybe?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:31 PM

If you can you might want to check with the man you got her from and ask what type of food he was feeding her. Some kittens are really picky. I'm sure the vet can make sure she's healthy and give you some ideas of what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page