My kittens and play time... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

My kittens and play time...

hi there everyone.

this is my 1st time owning kittens, and i got 2 girls 12 weeks old now from a friends' cat's litter. they are alright. they can really get into play time.

they love playing on the curtains, the couch and anywhere but there scratching post... it's very frustrating.

i bought them a nice scratching post thats blue. it has a hammock, but they are never interested in it. i've tried spraying catnip on it to get them into it, but nothing, i also got the a vibrating mouse and a toy that you hang off the window for them to tackle.. they play with that a little but they scratch the carpets, rugs, curtains, everything but the scratching post

how do i get them interested in the scratching post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Different cats like to scratch different things. You might have to try a scratching post with a different scratching material. Also, not all cats like to scratch vertical. Some like to scratch horizontal, or at an angle. I have one little guy who only scratches a cardboard scratcher that's placed up against the wall at an angle.

As for playtime, maybe your kittens want to play with you. Look into interactive toys. Things with something tied to a string on the end of a wand. Then play hunter/stalker/catch prey with them.

Let us know how things go, tell us your kitten stories, and post some pics!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

thanks for that...

i'll give it a go.. i know they both like the hunter stalker game.

i'll post so pics..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page