My Cat Talks Too Much - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

My Cat Talks Too Much

I basically have three little problems with my loveable furball. Piper, my blue russian kitty, has been extremely skidish around my boyfriend when i am around/without me around. Piper has also been waking me in the middle of the night with a light paw touch on my face and a MEOW!...but what i dont understand is what he is asking from me. What is he wanting when he does this? And the other problem is that my cat is constantly, while i sleep mind you, humping my legs. How do i make him stop doing this? I thought about getting my a gilrfriend or getting him nudered. What do you think? thank you,

erica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:50 PM

getting him neutered would be a good start.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:07 AM

If you get him neutered, he will stop humping your leg, he will probably cry less, and he will settle down a bit; he will also live longer with less health risks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Please dont get him a Girlfriend !
Get him fixed!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Well, we could rephrase that BoscosMom

PLEASE get him neutered, then you can think about getting him a girlfriend

Cats are nocturnal, so it could just take him a while to get used to your sleep schedule. Mine would wake me up in the middle or the night or REALLY early in the morning, but now he doesn't bug me until he first sees me start waking up in the morning, then he's all over me

If she doesn't get him neutered, the humping won't be your only problem. He could become aggressive, but I can almost promise you that he'll start spraying EVERYTHING in your house. And that is NOT what you'd want.

So please get him neutered ASAP!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
Cats are nocturnal, so it could just take him a while to get used to your sleep schedule. Mine would wake me up in the middle or the night or REALLY early in the morning, but now he doesn't bug me until he
I have that problem too. I have to try really hard not to move, so my cat won't see. If she sees any movemnet she is in my face meowing, purring and head butting me. I try to play w/ my cat through out the day and for 30-60 mins at night. I have found that if I tire her out and don't let her sleep during the day she sleeps really well at night. Other wise at 4:00 A.M she is in my face and jumping off of every piece of furniture in the house she goes crazy.

And don't forget to get him neutered!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
Mine would wake me up in the middle or the night or REALLY early in the morning, but now he doesn't bug me until he first sees me start waking up in the morning, then he's all over me
I have that problem too. I have to try really hard not to move, so my cat won't see. If she sees any movemnet she is in my face meowing, purring and head butting me. I try to play w/ my cat through out the day and for 30-60 mins at night. I have found that if I tire her out and don't let her sleep during the day she sleeps really well at night. Other wise at 4:00 A.M she is in my face and jumping off of every piece of furniture in the house she goes crazy.

And don't forget to get him neutered!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

thank you guys

I will most definitely take into consideration of getting him neutered, or i will shop around for a reasonable price. But, my original plan was to find him a girlfriend, who is also a Blue Russian, so that i can have little Blue Russians running around or have families buy them from me.

Thank you again guys. Love your kitty and they'll love ya more.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:45 PM

Re: thank you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper2005
I will most definitely take into consideration of getting him neutered, or i will shop around for a reasonable price. But, my original plan was to find him a girlfriend, who is also a Blue Russian, so that i can have little Blue Russians running around or have families buy them from me.

Thank you again guys. Love your kitty and they'll love ya more.
There are many posts on this board about why people should not breed unless they really know what they are doing. It is stressful and not always the best for a cat's health. I would take a look in the breeding section for post about this. You probably will not get much support from people here about breeding your cat. You also may have a hard time selling your kittens too.

Here are a few to start:
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14687
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14757
https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14821
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

I found a veterinarian!!!

I have spent most of my day off playing with Piper and calling various animal clinics. i guess you can call this comparison shopping. hahaha. Well, like i said before i have found a veterinarian to perform the surgery. the surgery will cost me $42, vet's name is Karla Baker. and on friday Piper and i will take a visit to the clinic, where there will be an introduction period for kitty, vet, and myself. But his initial appointment to be neutered will be next week on wednesday. I'd like to say...no more fuzzy balls...hahahha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page