curious about change in behavior - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

curious about change in behavior

hi, i'm new on here. my mother recently got a cat from the local shelter. she is 3 years old and she had been in the shelter for almost a year. apparently she had been traumatized in her first home after her owner had died. no one was interested in adopting her from the shelter because she was so shy. we decided to get her because she seemed so sweet. the first week home, she did very well. after the first day she let us pet her and even pick her up to cuddle. we got her lots of toys and she has been very mischievous and excited about her new home.

but the past few days, she has started hissing and seems to always be in a bad mood. she won't let anyone touch her and she doesn't want to play as much. she is neutered and an indoor cat. what could be the cause of her sudden change in behavior? we just want to make sure she is happy in her new home.

also, is it possible for neutered cats to still get pms? not an actual period, but the behavior that is associated with one.

thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:43 AM

I really think it is just overwhelming her....
If I were you I would confine her to a quiet room and let her calm down.

You have seen she is a sweetheart, so now you gotta' wait until she is ready to fully come out of her shell. She will!

I almost wanted to re-home my Mi Mi.....after she attacked my arm!
But we waited and the payoff is GRAND! She is super super super!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Banned

you just have to give her time. it can take a month or longer to adjust to a new home. and no, she won't get pms. without ovaries, there isn't any cycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page