Advice please - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Advice please

Hi i hope that some of you may be able to help me with a problem. There is a cat that belongs (in the loosest sennse of the term) to a guy down the street, he doesnt feed her, he doesnt let her in the house. We have taken pity on her and started to feed her, the has a problem though..

She is quite nervous (understandably as she is essensially ferril) she will let you pet her, rubbing her head on you and purring... she seems to tail flick all the time which i know is a sign of anxiety, internal conflict and defence, even when purring and tarting round you...

the problem is she attack with no warning and very aggresively, she was curled up on my partners lap the other day purring and being stroked when she suddenly for reasons best known to her went ballistic, scratching and biting, it doesnt seem to ne defencive either she will actively pursue you to kick your ass...

i like the cat and want to do right by her... but i have 2 small children in the house and could never forgive myself if she hurt them

any suggestions ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 03:59 PM

You have reason to be cautious. You do not know what shots that cat has received or what it's health is. Furthermore, it has shown it will attack. If it appears to need food, I would put food out for it, but overall I would keep my distance and certainly keep it away from my 2 small children.

If it was yours and you could take it in, get it checked, get shots, and work with it, I would say go for it. However, at this point, I would be careful.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Banned

I would just continue to put out food and water, but don't take the cat into the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the opinions guys...

i will pop back from time to time and give you updates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page