Cat in a Sack - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Cat in a Sack

Poor Squeakers just had the scare of her life. I just had brought home a paper shopping bag that I bought some shoes in. While I was trying on the shoes, Squeakers tried on the bag. She got a bit stuck and couldn't get it off of her, and she went flying around the house until it ripped off (a very long 5.5 seconds.) Now she is acting a bit weird. She hid under the bed for a while. Then she hid behind the toilet, where she had spent three days when we first brought her home. We moved her to the couch now. I can pet her and pick her up, she's acting actually much less agressive than usual. She doesn't seem hurt - she actually seems very tired, she's lying down. This literally just happened. Poor Squeakers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

she'll be fine tomorrow.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2005, 07:54 PM

I think it is a loss of pride and control that freaks them out so much.

My cat got his head stuck in a plastic bag handle and when I pulled it he bounced around the room like a rubber ball. I think I remember him acting kind of funny for a bit afterward. I'm sure your cat will be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Squeakers is doing better. She's a bit jumpy. Now that she's okay, I have to admit that the situation actually makes me giggle a little bit. She thought she could attack it but it ended up attacking her. Seriously though, I'm glad she didn't get hurt. I'll be sure to cut the handles off bags before she gets them from now on!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 AM

They don't talk to you for a little while after they do something silly like that. But then they get over it
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 06:54 AM

Haha my cat Monkey LOVES paper bags and plastic bags alike. She'll spend her whole afternoon inside the bags playing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:04 AM

haha poor little cat. Belfour loves plastic bags too, but once he got the handle caught around his waist, sort of like a plastic bag dress. He was running around with it and it was so cute my boy filmed it then we rescued Belfour from the evil plastic bag.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 10:27 AM

The exact same thing happened to Kiera a few months after I got her! She was obsessed with this one New York & Company Shopping bag (they are plastic with a yarn-like handle. ANyways, one time she got stuck while I had some friends over and then all the sudden ZOOM. she was freaking out and speeding all around the apartment. Eventually she got free and hid, terrified, under my desk. We felt so bad beacuse she was traumatized, but at the same time we could NOT stop laughing... I mean, we just saw my shopping bag run around the house like we were in the middle of a nascar race!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page