Cat sleeping more than normal - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Cat sleeping more than normal

Hi, I'm new here, and was hoping that maybe someone had an idea as to why my cat is doing this. Normally my cat, Dakota, sleeps quite a lot, but it's usually a type of dozing. When you pet her, she'll perk up and bask in the attention. Over the past few days, however, she has starting sleeping more often, and more deeply. When you touch her, she doesn't even flinch. This is very odd behavior for her... I'm just wondering if it's something that I need to be concerned about... can anyone help me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 04:01 AM

How old is she?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 09:23 AM
Banned

any sudden change in behavior is reason to take notice, so it's good you're wondering about it. it may be she'll ill and sleeping more to recuperate.
how many hours a day is she sleeping now? any changes in her eating or litter box usage? does she act normally when awake? has she been hiding out a lot since starting this new sleeping pattern?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Nya did this once, she was sleeping so much she didn't really even get up to eat or use the litter! I of course took her to the vet, she had an infection (but they didn't know what kind ) I would suggest a vet visit, since it is a kinda big change in behaviour, and that usually indicates a problem!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2005, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Cat napping more than normal

Dakota is almost 2 yrs old now. She is an inside/outside cat and doesn't have a litter (she doesn't use it anymore, which is kinda nice). But, we did take in 2 stray cats (one my brother was going to abandon when he moved into a house he couldn't take her to, and the other was stuck behind an ice machine at a gas station. We couldn't leave him there, it felt cruel). They are strictly outside because the house is the territory of Dakota and our 4 month old puppy... I wonder if it could be that she's more tired lately because Griffin (our puppy) plays with her a lot.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page