cats peeing on my bed - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

cats peeing on my bed

this has become a big problem. it's been going on for the past 2 weeks. ive washed my sheets and blankets about every other day. which sucks becuase i have to pay 2 dollars everytime.

i have a male about 8 or 9 years old [he's pretty old] and another male that is a year old. both of them have lived in this house for a long time. And both are neutered. Both have there own litter box. I have a dog who sleeps on my bed every night. The only reason I can think that they would both pee on my bed is to get rid of the dog smell. Or mark there territory. If I leave clothes on the ground they will pee on those too. Their litter boxes are always clean and are both in places that they are framiliar with. ive used the same litter with both of them since they were babies. I just dont know why they would be donig this but it's really become a pain. Any ideas as to why they might be doing this and anything that would keep them off my bed? im willing to do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Cat Addict

First, take your cat to the vet to be tested for a urinary tract infection. Then wash all of your bedding in some enzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle. If you don't remove all the smell, the cats will continue to pee on your bedding. Until the behavior gets better, put some plastic between your sheets and your mattress so your mattress doesn't get ruined.

Oh, and you'll need to soak your mattress with the enzyme cleaner, too.

Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

where would i get this cleaner. could i get it at a grocery store? or would i have to go to a pet store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Cat Addict

I always get it at Petsmart.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 10:14 AM

I also have a bed peeing kitten.
I bought waterproof mattress covers for every bed in the house.
So I am ready for her the next time she pee's on them.
(hopefully she wont) (she has no house freedom as of yet)

This was rather expensive because the soft pliable ones are 25-40 dollars each depending on the bed size....but at least the way...
if she pee's then I dont have to panic over my mattress and I will only have to wash the top sheets and quilts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 01:43 PM

We put an upside down plastic chair mat or upside down carpet runner on the bed (it has plastic tacks). That worked! Also, we have put plastic tarps on the bed. We are not having those problems right now but we have had occasional problems in the past. Also, I did the Nature's Miracle thing too. I bought the big, family sized jug!

Good luck.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 PM

I am going to use the upside down plastic runner on one bedroom in the basement.....

Otherwise it wont help....cuz she pee's on me while I am in the bed sleeping. I dont think I will do very well with a plastic runner for a blanket!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page