I don't want to ruin our relationship! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

I don't want to ruin our relationship!

My poor cat has pink eye and I have to put this ointment in his eye twice a day for a week! He hates it (who wouldn't?) and is starting to run away every time I come near him. I've been giving him treats when I'm done, but I feel like he's not going to trust me by the end of the week! I don't want to ruin our relationship - he's only a kitten. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Nah, don't worry about it. Give your kitty the med, and he'll be happy it feels better. Contrary to popular misconception, cats are really very forgiving of their humans.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Cool Cat

Have been giving Domino a pill a day for a week....she hates it, but don't think she hates me Have had to do the ointment thing on several cats. They may not like it, but they get over it

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 08:54 PM

i also had to put ointment in Squees eyes. he'd run away when he saw the little tube come out, but he still loved me once the tube of ointment was safely back ontop the fridge.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:32 AM

Did your mother make you take absolutely awful tasting cough syrup......mine did.......or take you to the vet....I mean Doctor......who gave you shots and such.....mine did.....did it destroy your relationship? No.

We have to give Marli eye drops three times a day right now...and these are required to be kept refrigerated. She is trying new ways of twisting, shutting her eyes, everything....each time to avoid them. I am very sensitive toward my eyes and know how I would hate the cold drops hitting. Its hard with a kitten. However, we just have to hope that we have built a trust relationship that she hates this act but still loves us. And, from experience, it does work out that way.

As to your cat starting to run when you come near him......just go near him more often than ever without medicine and pet and cuddle him. Also, after the drops, I continue to hold and pet Marli a bit and then give her the promised treat. She certainly doesn't run. In fact, once I put her in the floor, if I am too slow with the treat...which I generally am according to her....she does let me know she needs me to hurry up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page