I think my cat is pregnant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

I think my cat is pregnant

I think my cat is pregnant, she is normally very hyper, but has calmed down & has become very loving. She also loves spending time outside no matter wot the weather, but now she has been spending a lot of time indoors. She is eating a lot more & also calling out for attention a lot more than usal.
Her belly is a little bit bigger but her nipples havent changed (ie got bigger)
Is she pregnant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 AM

I can't comment on the pregnancy issue, but if she goes outside, you should really get her spayed.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Premier Cat

I've never had a pregnant cat either, but think you should take her in to see a vet. This way if she is pregnant she'll get proper care and you'll get advice on what to do for her and if she's not you can have her spayed. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

no we havent had he sprayed, as we have ony had her a cuple of months, we are happy for her to have one litter of kittens after that we will get her sprayed!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Premier Cat

Just so you are aware, it's called "spayed" not "sprayed"
I hope you will take the time to raise these kittens INSIDE with the love and attention they deserve and make sure they stay with their mother until 10-12 weeks old and not let them go at 6, 7 and 8 weeks old like many people in your situation do. Raising kittens is a lot of hard work. There are others here that can tell you everything it entails and the hardships you endure along the way.

If your cat is already pregnant, what's done is done and you can't do much about that now, but be responsible and take your cat to the vet for a check up and advice on how to care for her and her kittens when they arrive. You must also have your cat spayed very soon after having the kittens as cats can get pregnant again very soon after having a litter.

If your cat is not pregnant, please have her spayed, there are already shelters flooded with kittens and many who get euthanized each year because they don't find homes. There is no reason to contribute to that problem and it's likely that you won't get support here on this forum, if you intend to have a litter of kittens fathered by some Tom cat purposefully before spaying your cat. Not to mention the fact that these potential kittens could be born diseased and sick since your cat would be potentially mating with random unknown outdoor cats.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Cool Cat

give us more info, age of the cat and your age
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:32 PM

So you've only had her a couple of months, but you are letting her outside when she is not neutered...GRRR!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

she was a stray cat. srry for asking for advicei didnt think i would get this kind of hostile response.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Premier Cat

I don't think you got a hostile response, just an honest one.
We promote responsible pet ownership here and *most* of us feel that leaving a cat outside that is not spayed or neutered is irresponsible and dangerous for your cat.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

we dont leave her outside she goes outside when she wants to. We love our cat very much and keeping her inside all day will make her depressed. We are not irresponsible cat owners, we have her de-fleed/de-wormed etc. Give her a healthy diet & a lot of love, so some how i dont think we are being irresponsible. I think u may have jumped the gun & assumed we are irresponsble. Please check out your facts before making an attack.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page