new 5y old cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

new 5y old cat

hi i bought my first cat the other day from the rspca she is ginger and 5yrs old. she is not scared when i brought her home as she came to us allmost right away and even lays on my lap and has a nap she eats and drinks like any other cat just i havent seen her go to the toliet yet poo or wee. only time she peed was when i was driving home and she was scared in the box but other then that nothing. any advice on this ? thanks

ps she has the litter tray with a cover over it but i took the flap off for now so she can see in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

will try that. was not told what she was using when i bought her but now i have put in catsan
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

i asked the rspca guy and he said she is trained to use the litter tray. when u say place her in it do you mean with the cover off and then let her climb out and keep doing it ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

it was sunday at around 4:30 i got her home. at aobut midnight i seen her cleaning her bum but i have looked eveywhere that she had access to at the time and i dont see anything nothing in the litter tray as well . chould she have done it and eat it again ?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

allso she seems to sleep allday most of the time its not a deep sleep but a nap is this normal ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Cat Addict

You brought her home at 4:30 yesterday? So, that's not so long since going to the bathroom last.

I'd do as suggested. Take the cover off your box and then periodically place her in the litter. And if she just leaves without going it's fine.

Sounds like she's sleeping normally most cats sleep for most of the day.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

thanks for ya advice she went to the toliet this morning poo and wee looked like she was a bit constipated. how long should i leave the cover off?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Cat Addict

Well, now that you know she's going. I'd just put the cover back on and see what happens. If she hasn't gone again by tomorrow sometime. Then take the cover off again. Just be sure to not move the box, once you cover it, she may not recognize that it's her litter box since it'll look different.

Most cats don't have a problem with a covered box...but there's always some that do.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

right will try that. is it ok to move the tray about 4 foot because at night we have the back part of the house closed of with a conastina door and because there is alot of glass and pots on a cubard and we dont want her knocking them off. and at the day we open and move the tray back not to far but so we dont knock into it cos we can see her if she happens to jump up on the cupbard
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Senior Cat

Moving the cat box daily is not a good idea. I would try to find a better place for it where it can stay put. Once you have found that place, gradually move the box toward the new spot until it's where you would like it. If you move it suddenly, you can confuse her and she may stop using it. Or she might continue to go where the box was rather than in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page