Cat Illness Symptoms and Questions - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to MrPurryMotors Send a message via MSN to MrPurryMotors
Cat Illness Symptoms and Questions

Hey everyone. We've got two cats, 6 and 5 years old, female and male. Both are indoor-only cats, both neutered/spayed.

Our guy Drizzle has been acting a bit strange of late, and I wanted some feedback.

He's been throwing up a lot. Daily, sometimes more than once. He's become hesitant and cautious to eat, as he knows he'll throw up. He's had a bit of a runny nose of late. When sleeping, he's been much less alert and more lethargic. Usually, you walk in the room, he perks up a bit, takes notice. Not so much of late. He's also been just behaving... odd. Sick, I guess, is the only way to describe it.

It's nothing... dramatic. It's all a lot of subtle things. He's always been a too-fast eater, and always had issues with throwing up as a result. But we helped reduce that with things like golf balls in the dry food bowls to force him to eat around them and thus slower. He should not be throwing up so often, though. It's been going on for a few days now.

We've never had either cat be sick in any manner before. Never dealt with anything like this. I really don't know what to do, outside of the vet of course, but, I wanted to bounce it around here and see if anyone had any ideas? Is it just a kitty cold or something?

MEOW! - What else do I need to say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: Cat Illness Symptoms and Questions

We could never substitute for a vet visit, of course. However, I discovered that my very thin cat fattened up when I changed to canned food. He had been throwing up quite a bit of the dry food. He must have developed a sensitivity to dry food over a period of time, or I would have noticed it sooner. The vet was not concerned with his weight, but he was visibly thin. Good luck. I hope it's something this simple with your cat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to MrPurryMotors Send a message via MSN to MrPurryMotors
Re: Cat Illness Symptoms and Questions

Well, he's not lost any weight as of yet. Not noticable. We're taking him to the vet momentarily. It could be what you mentioned, though. He's always been more of a dry eater.

MEOW! - What else do I need to say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page