Drooling - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Drooling

I think this has been discussed before, but my girlfriend has had this black cat coming around for over a year. At first he wouldn't get anywhere near her, now he loves her to death! He is strictly outdoors with her other cats. We named him Drools because he drools all over us SO much! My hubby and I were over there today and Drools was sitting on my lap today and he was drooling out of both sides of his mouth all over my shirt, arms and himself! I couldn't look at him because I was about to gag it was so bad. I know it could be a sign of bad teeth, but could he be doing it because he is happy? Sometimes he's okay, but today it was discussting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 PM

Re: Drooling

have you checked for an absess in the mouth? usually that is a big sign.
since the kitty is outdoors, he could be getting into something with a bad taste - it's hard to monitor when they are roaming.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

If he only does it when he's being petted and cuddled then it's just happy drool. If he's always drooling then there's something going on in his mouth....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I think it only happens when he is on you being petted. I will ask and find out. That is what I see when I am over there. The bad thing is, he was very skittish of people and started coming around during feeding time. Now he loves everyone. He is a sweetie. But my friend has no money, neither do I to get him checked out at the vets. He eats well all the time and looks very healthy. I will ask her and find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page