Toby shaking his back foot a lot - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Toby shaking his back foot a lot

I'm not sure if this belongs to the health or behaviour section so apologies if its incorrect.

I dont even know if this is anything to worry about - but you know me.

Recently, over say the last couple of weeks, every now and then Toby will lift up one of his back feet and shake it - in the manner you might expect if he has just trode in something wet for example. I think its the same one every time.

He hasnt trode in anything nasty at all -but this has only started to happen since the move. The floors in the old place were laminate. The floors we have now is polished wood. That may or may not be relevant, I dont know.

He is otherwise absolutely fine, although I am watching him quite closely at the moment because he has become very noisy and energetic (his thyroid issue becoming worse? Who knows). I'm awaiting my deposit cheque from the old flat before Toby goes to the vet to get a much needed (and much delayed!!! ) dental cleaning, thyroid test and microchipping so maybe I'll mention it to the vet then - unless you guys think I ought to get it checked out sooner. I am hoping to get the cheque sometime next week.

Any advice much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Toby shaking his back foot a lot

Because of Toby's FIV status, I'd have to say I'm just not sure...

...but my Marmy would shake his hind foot/feet fairly often. Most times there was no cause that I could see, he'd just be running and stop quickly to shake a back foot, then run some more. It could have been a hair out of place, a muscle twitch or maybe his foot 'fell asleep' when he was laying down and he was trying to shake it back to life.

Overall, I wouldn't think it is anything to worry about unless accompanied by limping.
h

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Premier Cat

I wondered if maybe whatever you are using to clean the floor might irritate his foot? It's early here when I am thinking this, so in the light of day this might just be a silly suggestion, but thought I ought to throw it out, just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Cat

Perhaps he's trying to do the Hokey Pokey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page