7 yr old limping.. help ! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

7 yr old limping.. help !

I have a 7 yr old male (strictly indoors) that began limping about a month ago. He was crying and acted like he had hurt his leg. Immediately took him to the vet and they did bloodwork and x rays and all that and found nothing wrong. Said he was very healthy..no bone trauma sign or arthritis or anything and concluded it was a sprain. Gave him a steroid injection and tramadol for pain to be given at home for a week. Seemed to get better but is now limping again about 50% of the time. Acts like he feels fine and isn't in pain..just the limping. It's the back left leg. Any thoughts on this? I'd like to take him back to the vet (a different one) but really can't afford another $400 vet bill! Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Premier Cat

Re: 7 yr old limping.. help !

Did they take a spinal view as well as his leg? I wonder if it's a problem with his back.

Victoria
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: 7 yr old limping.. help !

I am not really sure. I assume so. The vet said he did the x rays from every angle and that he "manipulated the joints" under the x ray so I am not sure. That is a good thought though. If I take him back to the vet, I am going to a different one (personal issue with one of the staff at the original vet) but I am really hoping to avoid having to take him back. He gets VERY upset/aggressive and has to be sedated even to be examed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page