Can Stress Cause Change in Poo Smell? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Can Stress Cause Change in Poo Smell?

My 4 month old kitten finally got settled in her with my 4 year old. After rescuing the 7 week old kitten from a parking lot, the 4 month old's stool has gotten really smelly. It almost smells like a sewer. I am feeding them all Blue dry and wet food, so I don't know if this could be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2008, 11:21 PM

Re: Can Stress Cause Change in Poo Smell?

I don't really know, but you have checked for parasites or infection? I adopted a young cat and she had coccidia, which caused her stool to smell unnaturally bad.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Can Stress Cause Change in Poo Smell?

If the parkinglot kitten wasn't cleared by a vet prior to being introduced to the home, it is possible he was carring something that the other kitten now has.
Particularly stinky poo in both cats and people is usually an indication that something unusual is going on in the digestive bits-n-pieces.
If the stool is well-formed (not loose or runny) I personally might wait a day or two to see if it cleared up. If it's runny or very loose, I'd be getting the kittehs to the vet pretty soon, cuz little ones can go downhill pretty quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page