Another good check up - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Another good check up

I took both the kittens in Saturday for a check up. Cari needed her last set of shots and her Rabies, so I can get her fixed. She is now about 5 months old. Probably by the time I get an appointment she will be 6 months (gotta schedule early to get an appt). She had gained another 1/2 lb in a month. Now she is up to about 5 lbs. The vet is very pleased with her progress. Remember just a few months ago she was only 9 oz. He treated her ears again even though there were no visible ear mites now. I have played heck with her trying to get her ears completely cleaned. He did a good cleaning on them, but it took 3 of us to hold her down. I live alone and don't have that option. We are still watching her for signs of kidney and/or liver disease. But he now thinks it was probably just a severe bladder/kidney infection and malnourishment. She is a different kitten now.
I took McKenzie too, I had not gotten her vet checked since I adopted her a month ago. In the last week she started having blood in her stool. I assumed it was a sensitivity to her food, but needed to be sure. He thought maybe she had a parasite or worms. He did some tests and they all came back negative. Although he said there are some parasites that won't show on the test. He went ahead and wormed her again, and gave her a thorough check up. She was just over 6 lbs and is 6 months old. (I still gotta get some pics posted of her). I am watching her stools and they do seem better. He said if the blood stops not to change her food, but if not to try changing the food. If that doesn't do it either of course we will take a different course of action.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Another good check up

Glad to hear they are progressing well
Looking forward to the pictures

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page