Finicky Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Finicky Cat

Hunter has decided to pull his I don't want to eat this food anymore act. It's a common thing with him. He is a herpes carrier and often times has a stuffy nose or nose crusties so I do believe he has problems smelling. He's been on NB dry now for several months. It's amazing he even stuck with 1 food for that long. I've tried upping the amount of wet he eats but he still will not eat more than 1 Wellness pouch a day even though I can tell he is hungry. The nutritional level/ ounce of a pouch is not the same as the canned so if he was eating only wet he would need to be eating around 5 or more a day as he is a pretty big, young Maine Coon. I got him a couple of sample bags of 2 different Wellness dry foods to try. He inhaled about 10 pieces of the food like it was the best thing on earth but then decided he didn't want anything to do with it. I kept trying but he wouldn't eat it and just continued to pick at his NB. So I tried the other Wellness formula a couple days later and got the same response. When Kaley ate some venison and pea dry Hunter was always sneaking into her food so I think he might like something gamey or that contains green peas. I found a food today called Taste of the Wild. It contains both of the above mentioned ingredients. It's grain-free which I have never fed him. The protein is pretty high but not as much as some of the other grain free foods. Has anyone ever tried this food before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Re: Finicky Cat

I didn't try the exact flavor before but when I tried the Wellness brand dry food both my cats got major diarrhea. Have you tried going raw? I believe high protein and no or very low carb is the healthiest for cats. Just my opinion but it might be worth a shot.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Re: Finicky Cat

I went ahead and bought the Taste of the Wild. He really attacked the new food and he's gone back for more so this might be a good one for him.
Raw is not something I have considered. I don't have anything against other people choosing to use it but It's just not for me, especially after I learned pets fed raw diets can shed salmonella, e-coli, and other pathogens. My oldest eats canned food only (mostly grain free). My youngest has severe food allergies to almost every protein available and stomach problems. She is eating canned duck and pea (grain free). She can't have grains do to her allergies. Hunter eats the Wellness pouches. Sone of them contain oat fiber, but the newest flavors are grain free. His new food is grain free as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page