Well I'm not sure what's wrong... mabye u guys can help?! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Well I'm not sure what's wrong... mabye u guys can help?!

Hey all u cat-lovin peoples... Kinda new here but thats just how it goes... Anyhoo... I have a total of 3 kitties, 1 older adult male Cyd (he's 5) and 2 yittle-kitties, Boo and Little Sister... I've had Cyd from the day he was born, but the other 2 were recent additions...

The problem I'm having is with Cyd... He sounds like he is hoarse when he meows and just recently he's started wheezing... And over the last few days, it's gotten more noticeable... He is still alert and playful... He really hasn't been sleeping more than usual (at least that I have noticed) and he still eats like a pig... but... Well anyways, this all started about 3 weeks ago, he came in one night, ate, and drank and laid down... After a little while he started hacking like he had a hairball... but he didn't hoark nothin' up... when he meowed a few minutes later he sounded like he had a frog in his throat... I gave him a little melted butter as I recall reading somewhere that it could help when trying to cough up a hairball... his meow didn't sound so hoarse after that... a day or two later it was back... and about a week and a half later the wheezing started... It has only gotten worse... not drastically, but worse none the less... I have given him more melted butter (only like a teaspoon at a dose) and it seems to help for a little while, but always comes back... Could this be because of a hairball that is somehow REALLY stuck or does it sound like something more serious? I'm kind of very poor at the moment so the vet is not possible (even with payment plans)... And I would like some sort of "educated" guess as to what it might be when I am able to take him (hopefully within the next month but I can't even say that with much certainty...) I'm really hopin' its a hairball... I've been meaning to get him some Petromalt but as I happen to kinda live in the middle of nowhere without a vehicle, it hasn't happened yet... Any home remedies for hairballs or this sort of thing would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Let me also add that I have had the 2 kittens for almost a month and a half now and they are probably 3 months old... and they show no signs of whatever it is that Cyd is afflicted with... And although Cyd HATED them at first, he is slowly coming around and has begun playing with them in that "I'm the big kitty, YOU yittle-kitties better darn well listen, but I'll still play with you when I'm bored" sort of way...

Well thanks for all your time in advance!!!
-Kannudo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Well I'm not sure what's wrong... mabye u guys can help?!

The symptoms you are describing sound very much like my Charlie who has asthma. His is very easily controled with Prednesone which is fairly inexpensive. Of coarse only the vet can tell for sure. Good luck!

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page