Cut/hot spot on Andie? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Cut/hot spot on Andie?

Hi guys... just a question... this evening I found a cut behind Andie's ear. It appears to be round, and red and it looked somewhat fresh, I am sure I would have noticed it before. I googled how to treat a cut on a kitty and cleaned it with some warm water and an antibiotic ointment, but I am a bit worried. I just looked at her again and saw a tiny little cut inside her ear too.
I think it might be because I havent had her nails clipped in a very very long time. This is not because I am a bad kitty owner, it's just b/c she is very uncooperative when I try to clip her nails. I used to take her to the vet to do it all the time, but since her surgery for IBD and then a hernia almost two years ago already, I have been avoiding taking her b/c she was so traumatized from that. She sheds her nail sheaths so I figured it was ok. She never seems uncomfortable by them... and I do get to clip a few here and there. However, I can never ever get to clip her back nails. She just wont let me.
So I am thinking she is cutting herself when she scratches her head? Or do you guys think it is a hot spot??? She has never had one before... What should I do? I am thinking I will take her to PetCo tomorrow for a nail trim... even though she will freak out going into the carry case and the car. Poor thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page