Cat Noob - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Cat Noob

My girlfriend is a cat owner, and while she has had cats in the past I never have. We have been battling a flea infestation for a few weeks now, and it seems no matter how much effort she puts in they just keep coming back. She has followed a bunch of advice online, and recently used Frontline as treatment. But they still seem to be surviving and coming back. The best results seem to have come from bathing the cats, as they are extremely fluffy. However, if they were to be bathed, would it wash off the applied Frontline? She has rearranged her apartment, vacuumed, and done everything countless times. I feel really bad for her and the cats, they are really cool little guys. So I told her I would see if I could find some long term solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advice.

PS- she lives in an apartment complex, is it near impossible to stop the infestation since they could be breeding in someone else's unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 PM

Re: Cat Noob

you may want to switch to Advantage or Revolution.
the consensus here is that Frontline is less effective,
or the fleas may have built up some immunity to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page