Seizures - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Seizures

My indoor cat has had two seizures about six or seven months apart. He is about two years old and the most active of my five cats. After he recovers from the seizure he is completely normal and his appetite and behavior are unchanged. Inasmuch as I have recently retired, I can't afford large vet bills. I did have this cat checked out for his vomiting and the vet could find nothing wrong with him. I spent $625.00 and can't do that again! It appears that the vomiting is in conjunction with his trying to spit up hairballs which he does at least once a week. Please advise what could be causing the seizures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Seizures

I am very sorry, I don't mean to be unwelcoming, but if you are unwilling to take this cat to the vet to be medically treated for the seizures, our guessing what the causes could be aren't going to be helpful at all.
Eliminate any toxic or poisonous substances he could get into. Other than that, seizures are usually a cerebral/CNS/chem-imbalance problem and require medication and some monitoring to keep them under control.
Heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page