Hurt hand - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Hurt hand

I just got a 6 month old male cat from my friend who was going to take him to the pound. We are keeping him in the bathroom for a little while to get the other two older female cats used to him. It is going pretty well so far. Also he has worms so we dont want it spreading around. That is not the problem. A few days ago I brought him out of the bathroom and into the living room because I figured it probably gets pretty boring in the bathroom all day. He was doing good and the others were too. He avoided them and was looking around. I saw him jump up on the counter fine, then I turned around and I heard some stuff hit the floor and him wine then he ran off just fine and I didn't think any more about it. I put him back in the bathroom then noticed later that he was limping and putting almost no weight on his foot. I have felt on it lightly to see if it was broken, I dont feel a break but when I get to what I would call his wrist he wines. Not sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Hurt hand

He may have fractured or broken a bone and only a vet visit for an x-ray to confirm yes/no and having a cast, if yes, is required.

My cats...if they were limping and allowing me to handle their limb, I'd wait and see if it was just sore, bone-bruised or strained. If not better after a day, vet visit. If my cats cry out when I'm handling a possible injury...vet visit, no waiting to see, the crying out tells me something is wrong and paining the cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page