cat puke - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

cat puke

Linus just puked on the floor. I know he licks the dishes in the sink sometimes. Do you think that's why??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

Re: cat puke

Cats puke from a number of reasons:
Not feeling well.
Hairball.
Ate too much, too fast.
Drank too much, too fast.
Ingested something that didn't agree with them.

If the kitty pukes and appears fine within minutes after puking, the kitty is probably fine. If the kitty pukes and remains lethargic or 'depressed', there could be a problem and it may require a vet visit.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Premier Cat

Linus looks like he may have medium to long length hair? You can buy a product called petromalt (or something similar) that is like flavored petroleum jelly to help hairballs pass through their system and have less hairball pukes. Another thing that helps is to keep the floor very clean (no dust bunnies of cat hair) but the best thing is to brush him or pet him to remove the loose hair from him before he can lick it off and ingest it himself.
h

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Senior Cat

Yay CAT PUKE!

With four cats, we'd find puke just about every morning. :S We found switching to an all wet food diet helped a great deal (and eventually raw, no one pukes now, but that is not a diet for everyone). Maybe try switching to wet if it starts to happen a lot?

WE NEED MORE PIX!

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Banned

Sounds like you're missing cat puke?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Premier Cat

Everyone! Lets get organized here and send our cat puke to Muzby. Apparently, she is missing out on the joys of cat puke. Like...the joy of waking to the 'herk-herk-herk' of impending cat puke. The mad scramble as you try to find where the 'herk-herk' is coming from. The joy of trying to grab the cat, as it runs and herks or pukes, while you try to herd it onto linoleum or tile and off the carpet. The joy of finding a lovely, cold, wet pile of cat puke with your bare feet.
Ah, such joy our cats bring us...

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

We do need to get him a brush. I will do that. What kind of hairball remedy do you recommend?

I know! I need to take more pictures. It's hard to snap a picture because he's almost always hiding when Oliver is awake. I'll try to snap one tonight when O is asleep.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Everyone! Lets get organized here and send our cat puke to Muzby. Apparently, she is missing out on the joys of cat puke. Like...the joy of waking to the 'herk-herk-herk' of impending cat puke. The mad scramble as you try to find where the 'herk-herk' is coming from. The joy of trying to grab the cat, as it runs and herks or pukes, while you try to herd it onto linoleum or tile and off the carpet. The joy of finding a lovely, cold, wet pile of cat puke with your bare feet.
Ah, such joy our cats bring us...
You guys are so wonderful! *patiently waits for boxes of puke*

We once had a cat puke off the top of a cat tree... it slowly slid off the tree, to the wall, down the wall and stopped halfway to the floor. I laughed til I almost had an accident in my pants. I'm one of those weird ones.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

I posted more pictures of Linus in my other thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page