Why is one cat so much bigger than the other?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Why is one cat so much bigger than the other??

Hi everyone,

I have two male kittens that are under a year old called pants and sox. When we first got them at about 3 months pants was always bullying sox off of the tinned food, so sox always ended up with biscuits. pants started to become alot bigger than sox so we started to seperate them when they ate and told pants off when he tried to be a bully and this seemed to work.

Problem is that now,for no apparent reason sox has developed into a big strong cat, he really is quite robust and pants (previously the bigger cat) is now significantly smaller and not so "healthy" looking.He does have nice shiny fur and is quite alert so I am not overly worried but I wonder what could be the reason for pants being so much smaller?

I have been watching their eating habits and sox certainly doesnt eat more than his fair share, if anything pants probably eats more as sox tends to stick to the dry biscuits (probably because hes used to them now after being bullied!). I have also noticed that sox has now become the dominent cat.

Also, I have noticed that pants often has much smellier poop! is this because he eats more wet food or does anyone think this could be a sign of an underlying problem seeing as though his growth seems to have stalled?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, a trip to the vets causes a two day long sulk so I dont want to put him through it unless I have too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Why is one cat so much bigger than the other??

The fact that Pants is active, eating and his coat is in nice shape says that he's probably fine. Like people, some cats are smaller than others, even if they start out larger. But....how small is small? Is his frame smaller or is it the same size and he's really skinny (you can easily feel his bones)? I'd be concerned if their frames are the same size, they get the same amount of food, but one is significantly thinner...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page