GRR Why did I change? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

GRR Why did I change?

Macy is the cat that must be highly allergic to a lot of food products...

I was feeding her grocery store food, she broke out in so many nasty sores. So I searched for a better food. Found Natural Balance Venison & Green Pea Dry Formula. Started her on that and she did wonderful. She didn't have a hint of a sore. After the recall...Natural Balance quit making that food in the dry form. I switched her to the Regula NB Cat food in the dark pink bag. She broke out in sores again. Decided to try the canned cat food Venison and Green Pea Formula. Sores cleared up. No problem at all. Feeding canned food is difficult and is an inconvience. So I was looking at the newer formula, Green Pea & Duck Formula. We tried that, kept her on it for 2 mos. She broke out in sores again. GRR.

So guess what...we are back to the canned Venison & Green Pea food. Things I do for this cat. Lol. So Im just going to stick with the Venison & Green Pea food, its a pain in the rear to feed but its the only thing that works, that I can find anyways.

You can definately tell I am a CAT person not a dog person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Re: GRR Why did I change?

Are there any places we can order that food and have it delivered? The Petco in Kokomo never has a case of the Venison and Green Pea in big cans...

Thanks!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thankyou so much for replying. Im definately going to check that out. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO

there's actually a 22% code that is still working for petfooddirect.com. WFFPFD02

I find the best thing to do is buy as much as you can at once and keep an eye on how the shipping is changing. Heavy items like cases of food change it quickly but if you have other things to buy that don't weigh much (like treats, etc) you can usually get more bang for your buck.

I just spent $108. Got $25 and spent $19 on shipping... so the way I look at it I got free shipping and still got $6 off my order.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO

Did some comparison shopping for you

Petco lists the cases of 6oz cans at $27.99.

Petfooddirect.come has them on sale for $20.99. If you use the 22% code they will cost you:
$26.06 for 1 case
$21.52 for 2 cases ($43.03 total)
$20.70 for 3 cases ($62.11 total)

That was based on shipping to a zipcode I googled for Kokomo (the petco you mentioned, since I don't know exactly where you're at). I also don't know how the store prices compare to the website, but if its the same you're better off even with shipping buying the cases from petfooddirect.com.

Of course, I just spent a ton of money there so I have to make others do the same to make me feel a little less guilty

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks for the replies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page