*PLEASE PRAY FOR LOUISE* kind of long--I'm sorry.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

*PLEASE PRAY FOR LOUISE* kind of long--I'm sorry....

I manage a feral cat colony of about 15 cats. Some of them are actually strays, not ferals. Some are basically abandoned. (ALL are spayed and/or neutered w/rabies shots through a rescue group I've worked with.) We have 2 calico girls that have been around for over a year. They are spayed and have been really healthy. Their owners are both gone now. The lady died, and the man is in a nursing home.

My mother calls the girls Thelma and Louise. I noticed Louise limping alot, and since she is pretty tame, I took her to the vet. She has a large tumor growing out of the pad of her left front foot. It's about the size of a cherry and as red as a cherry also. It split her pad open and is just sticking out. It is SO sad. The vet estimated her age at about 12 years old. She is the sweetest cat. I talked to the rescue group and they said they would pay for her surgery which was going to be $148. After seeing her for a second time, the estimate has gone up to $248. I will need to pay the other $100 which I am glad to do even though I don't know where I'll get it from. After I got her back to the house, she walked in and immediately plopped down on the floor on her side. She looked exhausted. I am worried that she may not make it through the surgery, but there is a chance that she will. The way I am thinking is that if she makes it through--wonderful! If she doesn't make it through, we had to try anyway because she can't go on like this. I've been keeping her in my office at home. I put an old quilt on the bed for her. There are spots of blood about the size of a penny ALL over that quilt. I have 5 cats of my own that don't even like each other, so I know she would never be accepted in my home. I would LOVE to keep her.

The surgery is on Tuesday, December 2nd. I am so anxious about this whole thing I can hardly sleep and have tears welling up at work, and at home I just cry it out sometimes. The rescue lady said that because of her age she isn't a good candidate for normal adoption, but she said that if she makes it through the surgery, she will not be put outside and someone will definitely take her. So please pray that Louise makes it through her surgery, finds a good home and lives out the rest of her life in the lap of luxury!!

It takes a very strong person to manage a feral cat colony. I'm am weakening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Senior Cat

Re: *PLEASE PRAY FOR LOUISE* kind of long--I'm sorry....

I will say a prayer for Louise each day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you so much. I'm praying that it will out turn out really good for her. If she does not make it through the surgery, I'm ready to accept that also. Either way she will be better off than what she is now.
I'm not sure if I mentioned the blood spots all over the quilt in my office. It's always seeping a little bit of blood. Last night I washed it because the room was starting to smell like dried blood. All the stains came out, and so she is back on her soft quilt today--looking out the window and sun-bathing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 05:08 AM
Banned

I hope it all goes well. I'll be sending lots of good wishes ...
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Premier Cat

Lots of love, hugs and prayers for Louise as she goes through this time. You are her angel to take such good care of her. Do you have a picture or two of her?

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Actually, I do have some really pics of her, but I don't know how to post them. I'll try to figure it out.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Bless her heart and heal her! And bless you for caring so much. Thank God we have dedicated people like you. My prayers are with her for all of her needs.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I think I forgot to mention that the rescue group I'm working with is out of Boerne, Texas and they are wonderful. They are the ones that trapped and neutered I guess about 13 strays/ferals in my neighborhood. They are paying more than half of Louise's surgery, I am coming up with the rest. Louise is such a sweetheart! She's still leaving spots of blood almost wherever she goes. I've gotten so attached to her. Being approx. 12 years old, she is living the good life in my little office. So much better than being outside, rain, shine, cold, hot. I feel so priviledged to even have her there, ya know? I hope she finds a very very special home where someone can just love her with everything they've got. I've got 5 cats and most of them are so unfriendly. My "special needs" cat loves to be in my office with me and has his nose severely out of joint over this.
thanks for your prayers for sweet Louise ("Weezy")
Tuesday is the day!

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Cat

She is beautiful!! I am praying that her surgery goes as well as possible tomorrow. Do keep us updated!

Karie
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Cat Addict

Poor sweet "Weezy". I hope things go well today.

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page