thomas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

thomas

My mum's cat is 11.5 years old. He is a long haired cat. He has not eaten since last thursday. He has been to the vet and at first she was told it was a fur ball. He has been back to the vet today and had bloods taken and there was a lot of protein.

Everytime he is offered something to eat he is being sick. He is passing bile. They vet says his gums are nice and pink. His coat is still shining and he is drinking plenty. Thomas has bladder crystals and has been on a special dry diet food prescribed by the vet. The vet is going to take Thomas in tomorrow and put him on a glucose drip.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong or has anyone experienced anything similar. My Mum is very worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
Re: thomas

Nicola, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom's cat. It's difficult to guess what might be going on with the cat with so little information. Would it be possible for you to get a copy of the blood test results from the vet and post them here? That would give us more information to work with so that we could offer suggestions for your mom to discuss with her vet.

I expect that the fluids he receives at the vet will help him to feel better. I sure hope so, anyway.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page