Lumps on cats "arms" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Lumps on cats "arms"

My cat has a slew of minor issues. She is on clindamycin because she is getting a dental cleaning soon. She is also taking Lysine to help with her respiratory (on going since I got her, been un curable to date). She also has chin acne which we think will go away with the Lysine or after the dental cleaning ( think she may be allergic to the gingivitis). We've tried everything for her acne.

So this brings me to what else I found. When I was cleaning her chin tonight I noticed she had a pea sized lump under her forearm I guess you could call it. When I touched it she reacted like it was very painful. She has sensitive nerves in her back and tail too so it's not abnormal for her to act fussy. The bump appeared mostly pink but dark in the center tip. I noticed another smaller one on her other arm. She wouldn't let me get a close look. After noticing thus tonight I remember another vet, not the one who is treating her pointed out that she is always lifting her front paws.

I obviously plan to have this looked at before the teeth cleaning, but would like to know if anyone is familiar with this. I can't find any info on it.

Her behavior is normal, stool is normal, she is eating and drinking fine. These bumps may have been here a long time and we didn't notice. It's a hard spot to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Sorry apparently she was being a drama queen again and doesn't find it painful. I'm able to rub and pinch it with no reaction. It feels pretty firm but more hard near the tip.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Premier Cat

I suggest you discuss with your vet whether the lumps should be removed, or at least biopsied, while the vet has cat under anesthesia for the dental cleaning.

As for the chin acne, I did have a female that had recurrences of it throughout her life of 17 yrs.. It would subside and disappear for months at a time, and then reappear. I never really did ever find the reason for it, altho I suspected it might be stress at times. I do know that some cats develop it if they are eating out of a plastic bowl, stainless steel or china plate would be better.

Last edited by marie73; 01-29-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: font
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

She always had faint black bumps on her chin but now it's acne and swollen. She has ceramic bowls, always had. Cleaned regularly. Vet agrees that it's likely related to her immune system or she may be allergic to the gingivitis since it only got worse when her teeth started to get bad. Changing her food again just in case, she was two months on the last one (TOTW dry, Wellness grain free wet). It started before but I'm getting a bad vibe from the venison. Stress seems fine. We were living at my parent for a while and the cats there didn't like her, picked on her (she's only 5#). Been living with my husband now five months with our dog who she doesn't mind. She even has her own room where he can't go but sleeps in bed with me like she has since she came home. I'm fairly confident the chin acne isn't stress related haha.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

She also just turned 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page