Clear liquid with a little tuft of hair? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Clear liquid with a little tuft of hair?

Okay, I have another question. Yesterday I stepped in a (clear) wet spot near my cat's litter box and looked down to find what looked like a small, soggy clump of hair on the carpet. She was acting fine so I didn't think much of it.

Just now (a day later), I watched her vomit a large amount of clear liquid with another small clump of hair in it. She's also freaking me out a little because she tried to dig in the dirt of a cactus plant we have on the floor, something that she has completely ignored for the 8 months we've had her. She seems restless, but not sick.

I looked up a description of a hairball and it sounds like what I saw was too little hair to be a hairball. She has an appointment Monday morning for her vaccinations. Am I okay to wait until then?

(edit to add: she's still eating fine and I saw her drinking water earlier this afternoon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Premier Cat

It does sound like a hairball, tho she hasn't vomited it up. Some just pass through. As long as she's lively and eating well, I wouldn't worry about it, but you can ask your vet what s/he recommends. If it's a longhair cat you may have to give it something periodically particularly during spring when they drop a lot of coat. Combing regularly will help to remove loose hair that won't get licked up.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
Sounds like a standard issue hairball to me, too. A little gross, but nothing to cause alarm. Pick up some CatLax or other hairball remedy when you're at your vet's or a pet store, and administer it according to the directions. My cats always start blowing their coats about now, so this is prime hairball season.

Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page