Anyone still feeding Evo? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Anyone still feeding Evo?

If so, have you noticed in the last few months that the consistency looks different?

My cat's having a health something-or-other this weekend* and I can't help thinking something's wrong with her food and I'm poisoning her, which is probably a huge over-reaction on my part. She's been on the new-looking food for a little over a week.

*throwing up clear liquid and hair, making me think hairballs; frequent licking of her behind and floor scooting, making me think anal glands; change in litter box consistency (still stuff there, just split into smaller amounts), making me think constipation or urinary problems. Is there something I don't know about that would tie all that together? She's not lethargic and she's still eating, so I'm trying to wait until her vet appointment tomorrow morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerZ View Post
If so, have you noticed in the last few months that the consistency looks different?
I haven't ordered any EVO for a number of months, but I'm getting ready to place an order for several cases. Now you have me wondering, though, about a fomula change. I think I'll give the company a call before I place an order and ask if they've changed the recipes over the last year.

That said, your cat's symptoms all sound like they are hairball-related to me, which is consistent with the shedding that happens at this time of year. Hairballs can be vomited up, pooped out, or stuck somewhere in between, which can explain all of your cat's current symptoms.

Laurie
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Premier Cat

I feed EVO to my girls, now and again (perhaps once a week or so), and I haven't noticed any difference in consistency over the past few months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Premier Cat

Mow eats Evo. He's only been eating it about a month but he's had no ill effects.........
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Okay, thanks. That makes me feel better. I figured my fears were probably crazy, but I also knew there was some concern about P&G buying Evo. Laurie, please let us know what you find out about the formula. I'm very curious to know.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:06 PM
NRD
Tom Cat

I also feed it to my Fab Four. No ill effects. To the contrary, they are doing well on it. I just bought another case last week, but haven't started using it yet, I'm still on what I bought a month ago, but that has been fine. I use the basic kitten & cat large cans, by the way (12.5 or 13 ounces)--the size cans or the specific flavor could make a difference. I have noticed differences, for instance, between the Wellness 5.5 ounce chicken and the larger can, the smaller size usually being more moist and fresh looking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Cat Addict

I read somewhere that P&G was not planning to change the formula for EVO, since they invested in the brand precisely because it has such a following already. The pet store where I buy it told me that it normally takes a year or so for a company to roll out a new formula - and that they had not heard anything about planned changes.

Now, we also feed By Nature's organic line, and they did change their formula and their label within the last year . Gracie still likes it, but the texture is more jelly-like and less firm...oh well.

Fran
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
I read somewhere that P&G was not planning to change the formula for EVO, since they invested in the brand precisely because it has such a following already.
I read something similar. Their purpose for buying it was to branch out into the 'natural' pet food market and that they were leaving it alone. I am not going to take him off it yet since he's doing so well (and with MowMOw's stomach I try very hard not to rock the boat) but I'll keep an eye on the labeling to see if I notice any changes.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

I know someone who recently spoke to a Natura rep and they said there have not been any formula changes since P&G took them over and there are no plans to make any changes at this time.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Cat

my cat , rocky, has been introduced to canned food the last week...he will eat evo chicken , but he likes merrick california roll a lot better...merrick looks like real food, instead of the processed looked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page