Alternative to Hill's Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution ? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Alternative to Hill's Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution ?

My vet gave me a free sample of Hill'sŪ Prescription DietŪ
Feline Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution
because nothing I do is helping Tutu lose weight.

She's about 12 years old, spayed, should be 8-9 lbs but she's 11.

She gets 1/8 cup low-cal kibble every night (so that she doesn't wake me up at 4am, also so the kibble can "brush" her teeth) and 1/2 can of FancyFeast twice a day. Every time we go abroad (three times now) she looses weight because she doesn't eat American cat food....

So Doc gave me the sample of Metabolic Hill's and I can't say if it works yet. I was more worried about her not liking the canned food, because she's SO particular and ONLY eats specific brands.... sigh. But she does like them.

Anyway, does anyone know of perhaps a cheaper alternative to Hill's Metabolic canned food? Or maybe there's NOTHING special about anything Hill's makes? (my suspicion - this new product just sounds like "weight loss pill" to me).

Metabolic Diet Ingredients:
Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Corn Flour, Powdered Cellulose, Corn Starch, Chicken, Flaxseed, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Corn Gluten Meal, Coconut Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Calcium Sulfate, L-Leucine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carrot Powder, Iodized Salt, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitmin D3 Supplement), Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.

FancyFeast Ingredients:
chicken, chicken broth, liver, meat by-products, fish, poultry by-products, artificial and natural flavors, calcium phosphate, guar gum, potassium chloride, added color, salt, magnesium sulfate, taurine, zinc sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin e supplement, ferrous sulfate, niacin, sodium nitrite (to promote color retention), manganese sulfate, calcium pantothenate, vitamin a supplement, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin k activity), pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, vitamin B-12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, vitamin D-3 supplement, potassium iodide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tutubean; 09-06-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I wonder if the main reason it helps animals lose weight is because it's SO watery...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oy...what else are they going to come out with?

Metabolic was formulated with the pet owner in mind, offering a complete portfolio of dry food, canned food, and treats. These products work together to ensure safe and healthy weight loss and easy weight maintenance without making big changes or depriving your pet. Because the formula works with each pet's unique metabolism, it also reduces the need for clients to precisely measure the food.

Seriously?Anyway, I see this as another marketing gimmick. In your situation I recommend getting rid of the dry...it's the carbs that put on weight. And it does nothing for the teeth. Feed more wet with a meal right before bed. Ideally she should be eating a grain free, high protein wet food with no gravy.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page