Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

syringes-rubber part gets stuck and cat bags

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  10cats2dogs 
#1 ·
Hi. Geets is doing better. Made liver shake for him and he's eating it. Loves it in fact and is a complete food. He's even eat some wet food during the night

Can't find a good syringe to give stuff to help his mouth and force feeding. Though have not had to force feed. My friend told me to put fish oil on the black part of the syringe to make it slid easier. It really did help but it's hard to clean the inside of the syringe to get the oil off. Worry about bacteria and long term storage. Anyone have any suggestions.

My friend let me borrow her cat bag. What a great invention. Had to force feed some food into geets and he just fought me without a cat bag. Only had to use it once right now.

Anyone ever make one that is easy to clean?

Kathy

#3 ·
Those syringes are only good for about 5 or 6 uses at the most. If this is going to be a long term thing you may want to consider buying them in bulk. I tried a dab of mineral oil on the rubber plunger part but was only partly successful. I finally broke down and bought 3 different sizes in bulk from Amazon. It was worth the $$$ for me as a foster. What is a cat bag?? Can you post a link or a pic?

#7 ·
Laurie,
Thank You for the Link to those syringes!:):thumbup::thumbup:
When I went through giving the Doxy, to Charlie for his Pillow Paw, I asked everywhere, for a better syringe...
It's amazing how fast those gasket kind...Stick! Definitely not fun when you're trying to get meds into a cat!
Sharon

#8 ·
a cat bag is a type of restraint system to put uncooperative cats in. It zips and/or velcros around the cat so that only the head sticks out though it does have zippers if you need to get a leg or tail out. It's great to give meds, fluids, assisted feedings, clean ears, etc. It diffinetly made Geets calm down. You can goole in online. The one my friend let me borrow is made from nylon which i think would be easy to clean if the cat had an accident in the bag. Petco, petsmart, and Amazon have them. There is also instructions how to make them from a pair of jeans buy nylon is easier to clean. They cost around $13 to $20.

Kathy

#10 ·
Thanks Krissy! I was seriously wondering if a 'Cat bag' was like a cake decorating bag, that you could use to feed them with instead of a syringe! :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.