Pregnancy? False pregnancy? Heat?! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Pregnancy? False pregnancy? Heat?!

Hello, I have a kitty that is going on 2 years old now I think. We found her outside as a kitten before we moved out of state. When we settled in we tried to get her an appointment to get her fixed but unfortunately the clinic was booked for months, so we waited, then had to move again and when we did so, she got outside and disappeared for a night. Ever since we thought she was pregnant. She had increased appetite, she got motherly with our younger cat, and get nipples turned a pinker color. However, now she's acting like she's in heat. I am so confused. I don't know what to do. Should I just try to get her fixed? Please explain to me what's going on with my cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Cool Cat

A vet should be able to tell you what is really going on with her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Cat Addict

It is certainly possible it could be a false pregnancy but only a vet can confirm for you. How far along do you think she is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
We can't tell you whether your cat is pregnant, in heat, experiencing false heat, or is having some sort of hormonal problem. Only a vet can do that. If the vet has any doubt about her being pregnant, (s)he can take an x-ray to help clarify matters (if your cat is far enough along in her pregnancy).

Laurie
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

If she is pregnant, she'd be 4 weeks. I know only a vet can tell me, I was just wondering if anyone had heard of such a thing. I'll be taking her in next week.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 11:02 PM
Premier Cat

I've seen it in dogs and in a horse, but I don't know enough about cats and haven't been around them long enough to see a false pregnancy.

Looking forward to hearing what the vet says. Perhaps have her spayed while she's there and prevent any future issues.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

I'm going to have her fixed. I actually didn't know that they could fix her if she's pregnant. She's acting like she's in full blown heat now. I'm completely clueless, I'm sure the vet will tell me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Premier Cat

Cats can come into heat even while pregnant.
She can be fixed while in heat and while pregnant....the vet will let you know your options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page