Cat vomited blood - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Cat vomited blood

Hi, my 11 year old boy cat Snowball vomited some blood this evening. He hadn't eaten since this morning, so there was no food to vomit. So, it was one of those where it is a clear sticky liquid, but this time with blood in it. It's a bit odd because one side of the vomit on the kitchen floor was the clear color, and the other side had obvious bright red blood mixed in with it. It is as if he started the puke with normal liquid, then suddenly blood came out at the end of the puke. (Or, I suppose he could have started with the blood puke and finished clear, but that seems really unlikely.) Because the same puke session produced both with blood and without, I'm thinking it is not likely the blood could have been sitting in his stomach... otherwise it all would have been red.

For the past 2 days, he has vomited up everything fed to him. I'm not sure if there was blood earlier (nothing obvious). I wasn't immediately worried because he has done this before, sometimes going for days of daily puking, only to then be fine for weeks. He's always been a frequent puker since he was a kitten.

He otherwise seems fine. He's hungry (extra hungry because he can't keep anything down), and eagerly follows me around as usual.

Any ideas? I can try to make an emergency vet visit tomorrow. But, the timing is bad; we are leaving for a week vacation this weekend. So, he either has to be all better by then, or be left for 10 days in the cat hospital. Our plan had been to board him with his sister, as we usually do, for vacation. (They can't handle being alone with a cat sitter visiting.... they freak out and start peeing and pooping everywhere.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Cat

I would take him to the vet for sure and find out, so at least you can enjoy your vacation knowing everything is good. Or to start a treatment plan. I cant really offer advice.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Senior Cat

Please please take him to the vet, vomiting isn't good, regular vomiting is really no good.. Let us know how he does, paws crossed for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Kitten

Take him to the vet immediately so you can start getting him to feel better.
If he's not feeling better before you leave, have you thought about having someone stay at your house with your kitties while you're gone? I find my younger, single friends are more apt to agree especially after I buy them some wine and put yummy food in the fridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page