update on Toshi - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Cat

update on Toshi

Just a quick update on this story.

https://www.catforum.com/forum/38-hea...od-clot-2.html

Toshi finally succumb to her illness a few weeks ago. She was well and lively until the very end. The day she died she had been running around playing with her toys just a few hours before then end. From the looks of it she had another heart attack and it was very quick. Sadly we were not around to be with her. Still I am very proud of her especially with how many tablets she had to have each day. Very much missed and her sister misses her terribly.

Anyway just wanted to say again that there is hope for cats who have had blood clots and heart attacks. Toshi survived just under an extra two years when the vet said 1 week was optimistic!

Last edited by marie73; 09-11-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Cool Cat

ah, sympathy on your loss. Sounds like she had a good run, especially considering what was wrong. I had a cat with a severe heart murmur and she went out all of a sudden with a heart attack, had been feeling/acting puny for a few hours, it was of course a weekend, and I caged her so she couldn't get out, away, gone, lost. And that was the end. As you say, it was sudden, bang. I hope I go that way myself, or in my sleep. I doubt my cat even felt anything at the time, it was so sudden, like a clap of thunder. She was dead when she hit the floor in her crate. Hugs.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 02:51 AM
Premier Cat

I'm so sorry about Toshi. It's amazing that you had nearly two more years with her despite the vet's prediction. It sounds like she didn't suffer at all and enjoyed every minute she had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Cool Cat

I'm so sorry for your loss of Toshi. She was lucky to be yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Cat Addict

I remember this story well. Thank you for the update. And thank you for sharing the hope for any cat's person who may be going through something similar. Sometimes we just need to hear from someone who's walked down the path before us.

I'm sorry for your loss. May your memories be filled with all the happy moments.

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page