Freshpet food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Freshpet food

Just noticed this in my local grocery store of all places, it's in their refrigerated section. Looks like great food except it has fish in it. Inky has never had fish since we adopted him 4 years ago. He's been on canned/freeze dried raw.

Would this be OK to feed once in a while or on weekends etc etc? Anyone have any opinions? I actually emailed the company and asked if they had plans for a fish free food in the future. Thanks in advance!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Cool Cat

I have fed Freshpet Select before (as part of a rotation, not exclusively) and think it's good. It's not as good as the canned food we feed as far as carb content/ingredients but it's better than kibble for sure and my cats absolutely go crazy for it. There's nothing BAD in it, just lots of veggies. I'm also not sure about the salt content, I do wonder if it's a bit high to help preserve the food a bit.

Also, they do have one fish free Vital recipe. Vital also derives 80% or more of it's protein from animal sources. I've never seen the vital formulas in grocery stores though, only pet stores. Actually it looks like the chicken and beef Select roll is also fish free.

Do look at the calorie content when figuring out how much to feed. It's tempting to feed the same amount as you would kibble but with the higher water content that will not be enough food.

Last edited by ~Siameseifuplz~; 09-18-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Tom Cat

I've only seen the dog (I think?) versions of this brand at my local grocery stores. To be honest, both my boys love NV: Instinct non-fish flavors, and I love what's in there so I don't see a reason to mess with our routine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page