ziwi peak - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat

ziwi peak

Just looking for a little variety, can anyone offer any comment on this food? I see they took out carrageenan, which is why I'm taking a look at it now. I looked at the rabbit lamb, and the ingredients: Rabbit - Meat, Lamb - Meat, Lamb - Liver, Lung, Tripe, Heart and Kidney, New Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel, Lecithin, Agar-Agar, Kelp, Taurine Vitamins: Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D2 Supplement, Folic Acid Minerals: Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate

Would appreciate input, likes, dislikes, do the kitties really go for it, what's the texture like, etc.
Thanks!

Mom to Charli, Maggie, Baby Kitty and Tessa!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Cat Addict

I found this to be a great food. It is a pate style but very dense. The cats don't eat as much but probably due to the quality. I add water to thin it down. I had to mix it with the original food to wean one cat over and also to warm it as Kiki just walked up and then did the covering scraping thing without touching it. Lulu took to it immediately.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 AM
Jr. Cat

I've only been able to purchase the lamb flavor for my Mochi.

Like Jenny bf, I also find the Ziki Peak to be more dense than other pate canned food I've come across. The lamb does not smell as 'nice' to me as the other food I give to Mochi (i.e. Wild Calling, Nature's Logic, Weruva and Holistic Select). It has a particularly strong and distinct smell - that appealed to my kitty, just not to me. The first time I gave it to her, she ate it and asked for more - then again, Mochi eats anything and everything I give her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well, can't find it locally, so that's that. I did find Weruva truluxe, I bought some of those to try. Unfortunately no one will touch any of the wild calling....they didn't have either of the other two you mentioned, which is what pushed me to try the Weruva truluxe. They had a taste at lunch time, and gobbles it up (Peking ducken)

Mom to Charli, Maggie, Baby Kitty and Tessa!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Senior Cat

Has anyone tried the freeze-dried Ziwi Peak? I got some while on holiday but haven't fed it to Aggie yet
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Jr. Cat

Two really good cat food that I would like to give to Mochi are Lotus Just Juicy and Tiki Cat; unfortunately I cannot find them anywhere in my area (Canada). If your kitties like Weruva, perhaps they'll these too. Both are Carrageenan, Guar Gum and Xanthan Gum free!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Tom Cat

Question about Ziwipeak

I just bought a bag of air dried ZiwiPeak. Has anyone used this? What are your thoughts? Here is the list of ingredients. I was thinking of using this a sort of treat maybe for a meal once in a while. Crisco eats mostly wet food.

Lamb - Meat (includes up to 3% finely ground bone), Lamb - Liver, Lung, Tripe, Heart and Kidney, Zealand Green-Lipped Mussel, Lecithin, Chicory Inulin, Dried Kelp, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E). Vitamins: Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Nicotinic Acid, Piridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement. Chelated Minerals: Iron amino acid complex, Copper amino acid complex, Manganese amino acid complex, Zinc amino acid complex, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Bicarbonate
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Tom Cat

I should have included this

Protein (min.) 34%
Fat (min.) 26%
Fibre (max.) 1.6%
Moisture (max.) 15%
Ash (max.) 8% - See more at: ZiwiPeak 'Daily-Cat' Air-Dried Cuisine - Lamb cat food

I am really curious if this is closer to kibble or freeze dried? What are your thoughts??

Last edited by marie73; 10-12-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page