Kitten ate a graham cracker piece - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Kitten ate a graham cracker piece

I was eating some graham crackers and didn't realize a piece fell on the floor. Well, I heard her chewing on something and it was the graham cracker. I grabbed up what I could, but I'm not sure if she'll get sick or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Premier Cat

The cute little balls of fur definitely make us sweat, don't they? I can't imagine it'll be harmful. And even though it probably seemed to you like she was chowing down, she probably only got a tiny bit. You should have given her some butter - then she'd have a tasty crust.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 08:51 AM
Premier Cat

I've found there is something about cinnamon that kittens seem to love. And Cheetos. And potato chips. I give them nibbles of each on occasion with no harm done.

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
I've found there is something about cinnamon that kittens seem to love. And Cheetos. And potato chips. I give them nibbles of each on occasion with no harm done.
To think I thought it was just Sera that was attracted to potato chips. If she gets the chance she will literally stick her head in the bag, pull one out, and run off LOL.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Ok, I was just not sure. These are just the regular graham crackers and I haven't given her any human food though she's grabbed at peanut butter (I'm switching to natural pb as they've been adding stuff) and she even tries to eat coins. I can't just dump my change out on the end table anymore, they have to go in a drawer. I know she's just curious and will chew on anything but I wanted to be sure. She seems to be doing fine and I am now keeping the crackers in a bag when I eat them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Tom Cat

Don't let her get to those coins! Our shelter had to pay $3,000 to get a nickle removed that was causing a blockage!

As far as the cookie I think she'll be fine.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Graham crackers are a gateway drug.

Next, she'll be wanting a marshmallow.

Then a stick to hold the marshmallow over a fire.

Then a square of Hershey's chocolate.

It only gets worse from there......

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 07:31 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Graham crackers are a gateway drug.

Next, she'll be wanting a marshmallow.

Then a stick to hold the marshmallow over a fire.

Then a square of Hershey's chocolate.

It only gets worse from there......

Lol too funny!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 PM
Cool Cat

I think she'll be just fine. In the past week or so, Tootsie has jumped up and stolen a piece of a cookie I was eating, a Flamin Hot cheeto, and a McDonalds french fry... I swear, she is lightning fast and has the piece and is running with it before I can do anything about it! haha luckily, she was just fine after all of them... although when she ate the Flamin Hot Cheeto she had a crazy expression!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Premier Cat

A cautionary note --- beware of carbs for cats.

One little piece is not going to harm her, just don't make a habit of giving her little snacks of cookies, potato chips.....anything carbohydrate, as cats do not have the proper enzymes, etc. to digest these. Cats are "obligate carnivores" (meat eaters) and ingestion over a while of foods containing carbs, such as grains (corn, soy, wheat, rice, oats, barley), potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit (cranberries, blueberries, etc.) which seem to be more and more in pet foods will harm your cats digestion and can result in diabetes. I'm dealing with an 11 year old newly-diagnosed diabetic cat at the moment and it is no picnic, believe me, with 2x/day insulin injections and a strict diet. I feel I contributed to her diabetes by feeding her dry treats that did not have grains in them, but did have carbs (sweet potatoes) and fruits (cranberries and blueberries).

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page