FIV kitty mama - folded ear - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Question FIV kitty mama - folded ear

Hi I'm Jess. I joined this page to ask yall if you have any clue as to why my oldest cat, Una, has decided to keep one ear folded. She was diagnosed with FIV almost 2 years ago. She had a UTI and wasn't eating when I first took her to the vet. Then she had a terrible ear infection just a couple weeks later. Honestly, the vet tried to convince me to let her go... but she's my baby and there was just no way! SO my vet, seeing my stubbornness, taught me how to safely clean her ears AND showed me how to give her IV fluids at home. I left with a very expensive bill and the ability to safe my fur baby. Una learned very quickly that the IV made her better and within a couple weeks she was better. Nowadays she is her normal crazy self... EXCEPT she has kept one ear folded ever since the ear infection. Her hearing is fine, and the muscles are fine (she can life it up if she wants... but she chooses not to), there are no signs of pain in or around the ear (she get them checked/cleaned regularly and doesn't mind at all anymore, unless she gets distracted). BTW, my other kittys have been checked and are FIV-. I don't worry about them fighting because Una is their foster mama and they know who is in charge (not me...) lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Cat Addict

Hi. No experience with FIV but just wondered, could the ear infection have damaged the cartlidge in the ear, hence your cat then not being able to keep it up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page