Any cat-safe body products you can recommend? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Any cat-safe body products you can recommend?

I hadn't even thought of it until now, but I put lotion on my hands not even five minutes ago and my kitten started licking my hand. Sometimes she comes and licks my skin after I shower and I don't want to take any chances.
I have really dry skin so I apply lotion at night before bed and throughout the day as needed.
I have Aveeno lotion but also sometimes Bath & Body Works lotions and then I currently have Caress body wash but am switching to Dove unless there's a cat-safe alternative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 02:53 AM
Premier Cat

I put hand cream on all the time, too. I don't worry so much about Celia ingesting the lotion as I do getting her coat all lotion-y. I use Neutrogena hand cream, fragrance-free. I'm surprised your kitten was licking your hand - I guess your hand cream is inoffensive.

Was it already dry on your hands? I'm guessing it's probably the same with lotions as it is for things like bug sprays: it's ok once it's dried. That said, I wouldn't want a kitten licking my hands every time I put lotion on. But I don't know if there are any lotions that are guaranteed to be pet-safe.

If you're really concerned, you might try getting a lotion that's really stinky - heavily perfumed, or with some kind of scent that your kitten won't like, so that she won't be tempted to lick you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I was sitting in bed and didn't pick up any cat hair or stuff on my hands so I guess it was dry. It gets a little confusing with all the stuff about natural body products and chemicals in stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Cat Addict

If you're really concerned you could use plain coconut oil.

TBH though, unless you're letting her lick globs of it out of your hand it's probably fine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Rub your body in tuna juice, the oils will soften your skin and kitty gets a nice treat.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Cat Addict

Jeff & Nala
Simon and Penny, waiting patiently at the Bridge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Premier Cat

That's the stuff I use! It works great and the cats follow me all over the house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page