Hello all - need help with health issues - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hello all - need help with health issues

Hello everyone!. I adopted my Sadie last December after I lost my dear Mollie. Sadie is half Persian and kind of different and quirky however she is also loving, playful and happy. However it has been a challenge finding the right food as she seems to have a sensitive stomach and digestion. I started her out on"Natural Balance and she did well at first but started vomiting so after explaining to vet she concluded she had a food allergy and went on Royal Canin selected protein and did very well but started puking that up so....I purchased at pet store Royal Canin sensitive digestion and she has done great on it and hasn't vomited. The last couple of days though I have noticed strange urine clumps in litter. It's a typical clump but there have been a couple where there is a straight line of bright red blood. This has been going on for a few days now and infrequently. I have called and left message for vet. She drinks plenty of water......any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Cool Cat

UTI, maybe. Poor thing, that probably really hurts. Go to vet as soon as possible. That's what I would do.

There are other things that could be going on, but urinary tract infection is the first to check.

You can always mix a bit of water in with the wet food, make a stew or thick soup of it. That way you *know* water is going in.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:27 AM
Premier Cat

Definitely a urinary issue, but bloody urine is a BIG red flag, at least to me. I mean, come on, if YOU saw blood in your own urine, wouldn't you see a doc ASAP?

Not to scare you, but when I went to my e-vet, there was a woman there who came after me who complained of the same thing...blood in her cat's urine. A few hours later, I heard her crying in the bathroom she while talking to someone on the phone, saying her cat died after seeing some bloody urine for a couple of days.

A cat that eats kibble mostly as meals will never drink sufficient amounts of water, no matter how much you see them drinking at the water bowl/fountain. Cats that are seen to drink "a lot" will only consume about half the amount that's in canned food. Kibble has 10% moisture, while most canned has about 78%. Tell me that your cat drinks the remaining 68% from your bowl/fountain? Highly unlikely, and if they do, they are likely diabetic or have chronic kidney disease, which are also usually due to a kibble based diet.

Hope Sadie gets seen by a vet right away and you find a great solution to finding excellent quality WET food she likes. Some cats are more prone to urinary issues, so I wouldn't take a risk with any more dry food for Sadie, just my opinion, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page