Dolly the dwarf cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Dolly the dwarf cat

Hi everyone, it's been a couple of years since I last posted an update. Dolly is just as small and cute as ever. The vet has decided that she has Piturity Dwarfism but there is no Un invasive way to say for sure. On her last trip to see the nurse and get weighed she was around 1 kilo. Her teeth are totally useless and she has really bad gingivitis, I'm surprised they haven't already fallen out to be honest. The vet did attempt to clean them but they are tiny as you can imagine. Dolly has a really good coat long thick hair but cannot groom herself (maybe due to the state of her mouth or because she was hand reared and does not know how to) but she sure loves to get brushed and is even getting use to the sound of the clippers for those stubborn knots. She has a new play mate 4 month old Coco and our 3 dogs although she loves to be in my bedroom relaxing or sleeping under the radiator. This is a new phone but I will try post a couple of new photos (not that she has changed much)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Sorry tried for ages and I can't seem top add a recent photo in the new album I have created, maybe this has to be done on the laptop?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Cat Addict

Oh man, I really wanted to see Dolly after that intro. Keep trying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 12:50 AM
Cat Addict

Hi, Just had a quick look at the previous threads on Dolly. In the photos she is soo tiny but very cute. Glad she is doing well, she sounds like quite a big character in a small body
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Finally managed to change a photo in her album Dolly. It's the double photo of her on the sofa with our Yorke.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 06:46 AM
Cat Addict

OK, life is good again, had my Dolly fix this morning with coffee.
Dolly is way too cute.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Senior Cat

What a gorgeous girl!

My cat is totally resistant to having her teeth brushed, so she has to get dental cleanings. After her last one, my vet sent me home with some kind of gel you can swab on the teeth once per month - but since Dolly has such tiny teeth, that might not work for her.

I know there are also drops you can put into their water, drops that are supposed to help with tartar/tooth+gum health, but since you have another kitty and dogs as well, they might share water sources and it might be difficult to dose only Dolly with the medicated water! Although some of the products seem to be for both dogs AND cats and I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for all of them to get a dose :}

e.g.,

https://www.healthymouth.com/Articles.asp?ID=307

Dental Fresh for Cats at PETCO

I honestly have never used any of these products, so you'll want to ask your vet if any of them might be an option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page