Male 5mo after neutering, testicles went from pink to purplish - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Male 5mo after neutering, testicles went from pink to purplish

My 5mo male kitty had his desex surgery 8 days ago, he's been eating sleeping and going to the bathroom as if nothing has changed. I'm pretty sure there is more than one way to do the surgery, for our surgery the doctor made two small incisions, one on each testicle, took out the contents, and no stitches required.

I have been monitoring the area many times a day, there was no bleeding or anything. Today is day 8, it looks as if his testicles are a lot darker now. They used to be pink, now they appear to be purplish.

Is this normal or does he have internal bleeding? Should I be concerned? There has been no changes in his behaviour whatsoever, but I was told cats do not show pain very well.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Tom Cat

Could be fur growing in. Intact males have no hair on their testicles, neutered ones are completely covered with fur in that area.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Cat Addict

Nuliajuk - Intact males definitely can have fur on their testicles. They may have been shaved for the surgery though.

OP, the purple-ish color could definitely indicate that there is bleeding inside the sacks. I'd suggest calling your vet and probably taking him in to be checked out. The vet should offer this without a visit charge, as it's post op care. Usually one recheck is included in the cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Tom Cat

Are you sure he was neutered it sounds like a vasectomy to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page