For CKD parents... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

For CKD parents...

im just wondering where and how you buy your supplies? Im getting by with vet products now, but id love to get a 100ml syringe for example, rather than having to switch syringes partway thru... id love the thinner walled needles that allow the same flow as the standard thicker needles...

is this something you can go into your pharmacy for? Or would it be more of a vet or online only type thing? my local vet anyway only carries the 60ml syringes, same with the emergency vet. but our dose is 100ml

Im in Ontario if thats helpful at all. just looking to make things easier on both of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ive checked out tanyas site and its misleading in that way. the one link says they sell terumo 100 for 11.99... but to go on the actual site its $66, before any exchange or shipping costs....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Cool Cat

If you haven't already, I would message Laurief and ask... I know she has dealt with this and has recommended places to buy syringes and whatnot online before, but I can't remember which threads she mentioned them in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Senior Cat

The Yahoo CRF group is amazing and can probably point you towards cheaper online retailers or even brick-and-mortar stores in your area. My girl doesn't need subQs yet, so I'm no help with buying supplies :{ But I know supplies are something that gets discussed very often in the group.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...F-Support/info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Cool Cat

I get most supplies from Thrivingpets.com and also go to Diamondback online for the epakitin. oh! and the code "Tanya" will get you a 10% discount if your order is over a certain amount at Thrivingpets. warning: lactated ringers right now are apparently in very short supply. I just bot 12 more bags. don't have specifics at my fingertips, but normal cost was @$100 I think, but they called me to tell me about the shortage and that they would have to charge an additional $50 or so this time! well, I didn't have a choice so I paid it. just hoping the supply situation resolves itself before my next order!

Last edited by maggie23; 11-04-2015 at 02:09 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I wonder what exactly lactated ringers is? Like I wonder why there's a shortage? Since it's not an organ or anything it's confusing lol. My vet didn't mention anything about it.... I wonder if it's in the US only? Hmm.

I'm looking into the Steven website, for needles at least.

Just need to find out if 21g thin wall would have the same flow as 19g standard. I want to poke with smaller, but I don't want to cause it to take longer at the same time... But i find out that surflo is terumo as well, so that helps. They have them in the butterfly style that I got from the vet, just not as wide. I like that idea, alot!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Premier Cat

Hi Claiken,
I found this site...it's one of the ones, I believe LaurieF recommended!
It has quite a bit of useful 'tools' to help kitties.
Sharon

http://www.assistfeed.com/AssistedFeedingSupplies.htm

"A Cat must have three different names:
An everyday family name; A particular name;
And the name but the Cat Himself Knows, and will never confess." T.S. Eliot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page