Finally transitioning to all wet food - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
Finally transitioning to all wet food

I have finally decided to stop dry food all together and just feed wet food. I know this is going to be tough because there will be 2 very unhappy cats BUT my 10 month old kitten is getting a belly and I need to control it now before it gets out of hand.
Anyways... Right now I have been feeding Fresh Pet Vital in the AM and Wellness or Weruva in the PM with dry food down 24/7. I still want to give Fresh Pet in the AM since they seem to enjoy it but I want some idea's on affordable canned food. My cats are very picky when it comes to "saving it in the fridge for later" so I need 3oz or 5.5 - 6 oz cans of a grain-free good. I was thinking on trying Nutro loaf or Performatrin (Pet Valu)? I would love suggestions
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Tom Cat

Jasper and Spot eat a 5.5 oz NV: Instinct can twice a day, with a few supplemental freeze-dried chicken treats. Both are at healthy weights according to my vet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Thanks!
So they get 11oz of wet a day each?
How much do your cats weigh?
I am just trying to figure out how much to feed because I know they will be acting like their starving, haha!

Last edited by marie73; 11-10-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

My girls each eat less than 5 oz. of wet food daily, but they're relatively small. 7.25 lbs., 7.50 lbs., and about 8 lbs.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
My girls each eat less than 5 oz. of wet food daily, but they're relatively small. 7.25 lbs., 7.50 lbs., and about 8 lbs.
Thanks!
What canned food do you feed Marie?
My older cat is 9.8 lbs and the 10 month old is about 11-12lbs (just an estimate).
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Premier Cat

Neelix - he's about 9lbs(?) now. I haven't weighed him in a while. He eats just about 5.5 ounces (maybe a smidge under) of hte food he is eating right now. That is just a scoodge under 200 calories per day.

Shepherd Book is about 11-11.5 lbs and eats 7oz of the same food each day to = about 250 calories per day.

MowMow is 11.5 lbs with some health issues and he eats 11 ounces per day to = 340 calories per day.

This month they are all eating Dave's.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

My girls eat Merrick - mostly Thanksgiving Day and Turducken.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

This is just to show you her little belly... I am not happy about it at all and I feel terrible that I waited this long to do something. The vet told me to let her eat as much as she wants while she is growing, well... she is growing the wrong way now.

5.5 oz seems so little, lol!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

This is why I don't agree with letting every kitten eat all they want. Some will eat way too much, given the chance. I know Charlee and Cleo would eat until they burst.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Premier Cat

I let Book eat his fill as a kitten and had no problems so I went ahead and let Neelix do the same thing...... He has the fattest little belly EVER. He was *SO* fat he had a little front butt going on. It was the first time I was EVER told by the vet one of my boys needed to lose weight I 'm always so careful about how much they eat.

After that, Fat Boy got rationed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page