is there a stress free stuff for cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Cat

is there a stress free stuff for cats?

I can't aford the hills diet stress formula for cats uti its 60 dollars for a 4 pound bag and i have 2 cats.

is there any herbel/any over the counter food for stress but i prefer wet food though.
I am trying to find the cause of her stress but i don't know what helps i even tried the plug it in pheromine *spelling?* but that did not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Kitten

My kitty was stressed out when we brought him home from the shelter. I sprayed some pheromone spray from PetSmart and it seemed to help. We spent a lot of time with him that day trying to make him feel loved so it could have been the extra love, spray or both. It was about $10 for the bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Premier Cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Kitten

Has her territory been invaded in some way, by another cat, or by furniture being moved around? Have any of her habits been changed, her food bowl moved, her ability to walk in/out of the home?

How does the stress show?

My sister's cat got really stressed when she changed apartment. This showed by her pooping next to her litter box (rather than in). The plug really help.

One of my cats got really stressed when we brought more cats inside the house. She started loosing hair, changed her sleeping habits, was generally grumpy. We're still figuring this one out....
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Premier Cat

I don't know of any food for stress relief, but there are a lot of supplements. I used one by Homeopet called Anxiety Relief. There's also something called Rescue Remedy. Both are drops that you can add to wet food or water. I wasn't impressed with the RR. It didn't seem to have any effect at all. The Anxiety Relief may have, but it's hard to say, because I had a Feliway diffuser too.

There are also a lot of treats that are supposed to be for stress relief. I've never tried them. My vet gave me a NurtureCalm pheromone collar. I couldn't get it on Celia; the collar didn't fasten easily, so I needed two hands, which left me none to hold on to the wriggly cat. However, my vet said that of the thirty or so people who'd tried it, only one found it ineffective.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well when i typed that she didn't had stress cause i wanted to prevent it. oh thanksgiving day at least i'm sure of she seem she was stress from not seeing me. I'll Homeopet this time. when she gets stress she gets a flare up. nothing works really but it seems to be stress related. :\ now i don't know how to get rid of her pain cause antibiotics don't help much appearntly or prescription food.
I'll try homeopet hopefully i can find it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Premier Cat

Amazon sells an herbal supplement called HomeoPet. You could check Amazon for other stuff and see if it is available in your area or order from them.

Name:  Homeopet anxiety relief.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  31.0 KB

Cat owners' prayer: "Lord help me be the person my cat thinks I am"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Premier Cat

Oh yes - that's the one I've used. My independent pet store carries Homeopet, and my local Petco does too. There's a whole line of Homeopet products. I've used the Digestive Upsets, and I think that one was also having at least some positive effect.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat

oh wow that seem to help her sleep cause she didn't had much sleep from her flare up and I also bought natural pet-urinary tract irritation and she looks so healthy today and playful
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Premier Cat

Oh yay! I'm so glad that she's better! I hope that means that the Anxiety Relief really helped. I don't remember what the directions said about dosing, but I gave it every day until I used up the bottle. I think you can just give it for a while and then decrease frequency though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page